Product & Marketing Manager, Helderberg area (WC)
Posted by: Chantel Mouton
Our client, a manufacturer of specialist products for Livestock and is seeking a Product and Marketing Manager with excellent communication, analytical, and management skills.
Reporting to the General Manager and working in close collaboration with the Global Marketing team and the SA Sales team, this role is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing requirements for a defined portfolio of products to meet identified objectives for sales, product positioning, market growth and profitability.
This role also has the responsibility to review, revise and communicate sales forecasts and minimum inventory levels to guide production and delivery taking into account promotional plans, seasonal variations and market demand to anticipate and meet customer demand generated by the corresponding marketing strategy.
Duties and responsibilities include(but are not limited to):
- Product Strategy and Planning
- Pricing and Profitability
- Marketing Budget
- Internal and External Relationships
- Marketing Campaigns
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing, Sales or Business Studies (non-negotiable)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Marketing and or Product Management in the Agricultural Sector, more specifically the Animal Health/Livestock Industry
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies (advantageous)
- The individual needs to:
- Be energetic and highly creative with exceptional marketing and innovative thinking skills
- Be fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English because of the customer environment
- Have the ability to present to large audiences in Afrikaans and/or English
- Sales and Marketing experience (or good understanding) within the Animal
- Health industry (advantage)
- Very tech-savvy – strong knowledge of the latest marketing tools, platforms and media used
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercial acumen, including a good understanding of industry-relevant financial data and the ability to analyses and interpret a range of financial information
- Ability to obtain, analyze and interpret industry-relevant market intelligence and market research data to derive conclusions and recommend creative solutions
- Good time management, project management and organizational skills
- Established ability to lead, influence and motivate teams that do not report directly into the post such as cross-functional teams
- Ability to brief and manage the relationship with external suppliers and creative agencies
- Willing and able to travel extensively, locally and internationally
Salary on offer:
- Basic CTC of up to R35 000p/m
- Plus petrol card, travelling expenses, cell, laptop, etc.
- Annual bonus scheme (dependent on annual sales performances)
Applications to be sent to email@example.com. Please apply with an updated MS Word/PDF CV with a suitable profile photo.
(Please note that we experience high volumes of candidates responding to our advertised vacancies. This makes it impossible for us to reply to each applicant individually. Should you not hear from us within a week upon applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.)