Hotel Operations Manager
Posted by: Zelda Oelofse-Cornthwaite
Our client, Zululand’s finest Country Inn, is seeking an Operations Manager to join their team.
This intimate and beautiful, family owned Four Star Hotel, is situated in the heart of South Africa’s Zulu Kingdom and is the ideal location to explore the array of wildlife and coastal reserves.
The hotel offers 74 guest rooms including three spacious Suites and Junior Suite. The Inn offers over 550 square meters of indoor function space that combines the stylish comfort of Zululand’s Finest Country Inn with fully equipped facilities needed for any meeting or event.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, presentable and hospitable hotelier with a good understanding of the inner workings of a hotel. They should have experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel environment of a similar size property. Someone who is systems driven and is proactive, solution orientated and gets things done. Must be computer literate and preferably be proficient on Opera and Micros.
• Relevant tertiary education and track record
• At least 2 years relevant hotel experience
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Customer service oriented
• High Level of responsibility and accountability
• Strong management, communication and organisational skills
• Develop and implement strategies that will ensure a positive experience that exceed guest’s expectations
• Work collaboratively with all department managers to ensure daily hotel operations run smoothly, efficiently and in a coordinated manner.
• Maximise profits
• Anticipate all guest needs and respond promptly and accordingly to guest feedback
• Interact with guests to ensure complete satisfaction
• Establish and maintain standards for staff performance and customer service
• Staffing hotel appropriately
• Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of hotel staff
• Organise training programs to enhance the job skills and performance of hotel personnel
• Scheduling staff and resources according to the hotel needs
• Set objectives and implement action plans for achieving those set targets
• Reviewing employee behaviour, appearance and performance
• Conduct daily meetings to ensure that all departments are in working order.
• Plan and coordinate events and conferences
• Ensure that financial systems are complied with. Monitor accounts receivable and purchasing procedures.
• Ensure front of house and back of house cleanliness.
• Engage with contractors and suppliers to ensure quality work and products and negotiate prices to ensure that expenses are minimised
• Understand all internal working of the hotel, including room rates, hotel policies, systems, specials, availabilities, events, VIP guests, hotel events and more
• Assist marketing and sales operations by hosting fam trips and educational, general leads from guests and driving internal revenue maximisation.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the below information:
Updated CV with contactable references
Recent, presentable profile photo
Copies of Tertiary Education
Copies of Written references of all your placements to date
A cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
• This is a live in position, includes a meal on duty
• Company Provident Fund Contribution (7% of Basic Salary)
• Company contributes 50% of medical aid premium through Momentum
Due to the high volume of CV’s received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PICK ME RECRUITMENT AND HOSPITALITY SPECIALIST