Company Secretary (Statutory Compliance & Governance), Stellenbosch
Posted by: Chantel Mouton
Our client, a leading Agricultural company based in Stellenbosch, is offering an exciting opportunity to an experienced and skilled Company Secretary. The main purpose of this role is to ensure statutory compliance and good governance across all the companies within the group, and the successful candidate will report to the group’s Chairperson/Executive.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the group compliance team to ensure compliance with all local legislation. Advising on compliance with company law requirements and local corporate governance rules such as King III/IV. Monitoring changes in laws and advising boards on impact of these changes
- Planning the annual meeting calendar for the entire Group. Preparation of meeting agendas and ensuring correct compilation and timeous distribution of meeting packs. Providing effective administrative company secretarial support to the boards and their committees
- Serving as the Secretary to the Audit Committee, Risk Committee, Remuneration Committee, Social and Ethics Committee. Drafting of director resolutions and minute taking
- Updating and maintaining group organograms, committee terms of reference, board charters, delegation of authority framework
- Setting up new companies, amending Memoranda and Articles/MOI, and deregistering companies as per business requirements. Add/remove directors and adjust director and company details as required. Preparation and timeous lodgement of all statutory and other relevant returns with registrar of companies
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all tasks executed
- South African citizen
- An Associate (ACIS) or Fellow (FCIS) member of the Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa (CSSA)
- An undergraduate law degree (such as B.Proc, B. Juris, LLB) with Company Law as a subject (advantageous)
- No less than six years’ relevant, working experience within a Company Secretarial environment
- At least two years in a senior role
- Experience gained and exposure to the Company Secretarial work should have been hands-on
- Extensive experience in minute taking is essential
- An excellent understanding of Company Law and the ability to interpret written laws
- An excellent command of both English and Afrikaans, both written and verbal is essential.
- Strong MS Office skills are essential
Salary on offer:
- R 30 000 – R 40 000 p/m
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply with an updated MS Word/PDF CV with suitable profile photo.
(Please note that we experience high volumes of candidates responding to our advertised vacancies. This makes it impossible for us to reply to each applicant individually. Should you not hear from us within a week upon applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.)